January 10, 2010

Good Triumphs Over Evil

Around December, I could sense a change in the air. Something sinister was coming our way. I could feel it. Slowly like every scary movie (Paranormal Activity is not scary. Period) my room mates started changing. You could see the shadow of evil in their eyes. They were conspiring against me. I could feel that.


I knew “one who must not be named” was coming in December. Our rent was due for renewal. The Landlord wanted to negotiate, the office was shifting to Andheri, the planets were coming together to form the unholy nexus.


And then they said it. “Can we look at houses near office?” The transformation had been completed. They had gone over to the dark side. They tied me up and put me in the car and took me to Andheri. I was sure to be slaughtered in the dungeons somewhere. All across Andheri, minions of Evil Warlords had dug up pits of doom. One day, humans would hopefully run trains there.


But then the unthinkable happened. The car started moving towards Powai. I mean Powai? Why Powai? When they untied my hands and feet, I sat down on the steps of Galleria and wept. “Take me back to Bandra. I want to have another year there”, I wailed.


Then there was a bolt of lightning from heavens above. Our Landlord realized that we are nice boys who leave for office at 8, never come back before 8 and pretty much are invisible. Then Christmas Spirit came and decided to give us a gift. The Christmas Spirit found us another house much better than the one we were staying in and gave me back my old room mates free from the influence of evil.


And we did the unthinkable in Mumbai. We moved South. Even though, it was by 500 meters, we did move South. Hear, ideally there should be drums and whistles ringing at the achievement.


Of course, as we understand, the cost of living goes up by a notch due to this move, but if by paying that you can stay in the house opposite your childhood crush, who cares!!! The guard better be right about my new neighbour.


6 comments:

Aparna Warrier said...

Congrats on the new house! :)
P.S. Who is it, Banjo? :D

Anand Kashyap said...

I wanna come to HO for one last time and soak up. Sad we're moving out :(

K said...

Which filmstar is this? :)

Shreya said...

Banjo! Where did u move to? Opp whom? Rekha?

FK said...

Your blog is an absolute delight to read.

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

@War - You know :)

@ Anand - WHy sad? You writing less is sad.

@Kavitha - Why does it have to be a filmstar? :P

@Shreya - You don't have a crush on Rekha. That's audacity :)

@ FK - Thanks. You have an interesting blog too. Need to read that,