May 31, 2009

You

You walk with me, showing me what life can be like, you walk with your head held high showing me that the stars are the only things worth aiming at. You tell me of the life that can be. You hold promises that go beyond the ordinary and the obvious. You make me come alive in the more basic sense. Your questions make me feel important, I feel like razing to the ground all your roadblocks. I feel proud when I see you blossom into a lilac. I hold your dreams dearly as they tell me of the immense possibilities that can be mine for the taking.

You walk without me, casually glancing at my way knowing fully well that I will be waiting for the evasive nod. You remind me of what it had meant to feel alive many moons ago. You have your weapon ready; always eager to draw my blood to satisfy your insatiable hunger and I repay you in kind, blow by blow. You hated me for who I was and yet you hate it when I change. You are what the world would have been if Pandora would not have opened the box of Zeus.

You walked out of the door as no one ever asked you to stay. Yet you are the only one who has never deserted anyone. You walk alone bereft of all hope, yet you walk as you have promises to keep. You have shown me distances do not matter. You have made sure life remains exactly the same even after the fires destroyed Pompeii. You are the rock, the foundation of my trust and belief and yet like all rocks you have forgotten to cry.

You are many, yet in so many ways you are one.

7 comments:

Shreya said...

Who? Mysterious are the ways in which you walk, SFS.

Anamika said...

Who is this "You" if I am not tooo personal.. Cuz you've writter about her/him beautifully... Poetic post.. But who is that "YOu"??

Anamika said...

Banjo...
Banjoy was a typo error and I know its like banning the joy lolz!
Thanks Banjo.. and yeah I won't tell where I revealed my identity (because I myself don't know as it was by mistake) but in the first five posts of yours I guess :P

Cheers,

Anamika said...

By first 5 posts I meant recent posts :)

Gaurav Jain said...

why dont u write something about u were talking yesterday night over phone.. ?? :)

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

@ Shreya - Mysterious are the ways in which Middle Earth operates.

@ Anamika - Does it matter who is "you"? "you" might be a person or a concept or something completely different. Btw after revealing the identity, you removed your post right? Hmmm was wondering who it was.

@ GJ - The wasted Tam is privy to those nuggets of knowledge :P

Anamika said...

MMM yeah "you" matters cuz you've written out in your blog and am a very inquisitive person...lolz....