January 25, 2009

My First Tag

Sanketh made me do this and I don’t think I am forgiving my quiz partner very easily for this. I don’t like tags. It means two things to me. Either I’m putting up a private conversation for public scrutiny or I have nothing to say and so I am borrowing ideas. I guess this will be my first and last tag for a long time to come. So in the true rebellious spirit, I shall disobey the last part of the Rules of the Game and shall not tag anyone. You are however free to pick it up.

Rules of the game: Check if your name is at the end of this blog post. If so, type out a similar blog copy-pasting these rules. After that, list down 10 random things about yourself (that many do not know) and then tag 5 more people who have to do the same.

So here are the 10 things that first come to my mind. Half of them may not even be applicable in the long run. Anyway…

1. I love sitting alone on the boulevard along Marine Drive. I do it often. It just feels to be the only place in Mumbai where time is allowed to stop and go no further.

2. I love sunsets and have seldom seen the sun rise. While dad attributes it to laziness, I attribute it to choice.

3. I love Superhero and Rock Band T shirts. I believe they are timeless and can be worn by anyone anytime. Most people I know don’t think so.

4. I love experimenting with food. If I am not conscious about my meal partners, I order the most exotic sounding dish on the menu. Last night I had ordered Chilli Idli and Maramari.

5. I have never been able to gift someone a book I have not read myself. It seems so unfair that someone else will read the book before me.

6. I love walking down the streets of a city with a camera in my hand. I really miss my SLR.

7. I love drives but I hate driving on city roads. Last time I drove in Mumbai, I managed to touch forty kms/hr and B promised to himself to never hand over the keys to me.

8. I hate cell phones. I had not carried one till Jan 2005. I think it’s one of the main reasons why people do not meet each other more often these days. You’re always a call away.

9. I actually dislike blogging. In fact, if I had been able to afford a dark-room in my house and digital cameras had not been invented, I would have spared you the pain of reading through this.

10. I have become a really nagging and irritating environmentalist lately. I have threatened someone when they refused to pull down the car window and switch off the AC

So there goes.

Oh by the way, in case you are buying this year’s Manorama Year Book, look in Page 514 :)

No comments: