March 13, 2007

3 things I love about Bangalore

Well, actually I have been in Bangalore for almost 25 months now. The first 6 months were amazing. Staying with your wing, earning your first stipend, giving interviews, realizing that you'll join IIM Bangalore soon, everything made the world around you look amazing. And then, for two years it was Billekahalli all along. Life stopped within the 100 acres of our beautiful campus. And now it's time to bid goodbye. But before that these are the 3 best things I have loved about this city.

1. Java City - Absolute must. It's an amazing feeling to sit at this coffee joint and listen to a live band belt out old Jazz masterpieces. Church Street is just an amazing place to hang out. And there's always K.C.Dass for the bongs.

2. Rex and Symphony - There are no places I know where you can watch a movie at the balcony in 50 bucks. yeah, the offer's on at the morning show only but then you have the whole M.G.Road area to explore and have a nice lunch at any of the nearby places (Tandoor, Three Quarteres Chinese, Mainland China, Angeethi would be nice choices).

3. Sahib Sindh Sultan/ Samarkhand - I love these 2 places not only for their kebabs but for their entire ambience. In marketing we talk about service premiums. These places are the ones that deserve those premiums. If you are looking for value for money, try the Andra style full meals at places like Nandhinis. I have had ones ranging from 17 bucks to 70 bucks and they all somehow have been satusfying.

The list goes on and on. But the point is being the foodie that I am, my favourites are highly skewed towards food. Bangalore has been good to me on this front at least.

Anyway I think it's time to move on...


Off to God's own country tonight.

No comments: