April 22, 2009

Mathura Nagar Pati Kahe tum Gokul Jao

Krishna had achieved everything. He had defeated the evil Kansa, had become the undisputed ruler of the Yadavas, had established Mathura as the power centre of Indian Politics and was planning to put his cousins on the thrones of Hastinapur. But he wasn’t happy, he lacked something and though later ages would consider him a God and a Deliverer, he was extremely human. His thoughts took him far away from his reality. He could hear the flute. He looked for it but nowhere in his gem studded bedroom, could he find the flute which he had carried as he called his cows back home. They had gifted him a golden flute but when he felt it, the cold of the metal ran through his hands.

“Our greatest journeys are the ones that bring us home.” But where is home? Is home the place you were born? Is home the place where you grew up? Where you met your love? Where you settled down and had children?

Why did Krishna want to go back to Gokul? For Yashoda, for Radha or for Sudama?

Human beings can never figure what they want. Perhaps neither can Gods when they become human like us.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

God should remain as God? Thats what you are telling? Or God also will become a rational person when he come as human??

Anonymous said...

and I am following your blog... :)
I really like your writing style.
My blog are just some scribblings before yours :) thats y am still anonymous. Between the comment above is also posted by me only.. no need to confuse with other anons here ;)

Anonymous said...

wow wow and wow ..... how many posts? I'll be busy for another one month because am going to read alllllll your posts..Nice yaar..

P.S. the same anon...

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

@ Anon of all 3 posts - I am slightly overwhelmed at your comments across my posts. I don't think I deserve so much credit, but thanks anyway. I think you'll be the first person to not receive a reply on each of his/her comments but thanks anyway.

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

@ Anon of all 3 posts - I am slightly overwhelmed at your comments across my posts. I don't think I deserve so much credit, but thanks anyway. I think you'll be the first person to not receive a reply on each of his/her comments but thanks anyway.

And I'm just saying God feels lost and confused when he/She tries to live like a human

Meow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rahul said...

Home is simply where it feels like home :)

sayrem said...

i blive he came bak primarily for sudama.

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

@Rahul - In that case, I'd be at home almost anywhere :D

@ Sayrem - that would prove my hypothesis. But :(

Shrutz said...

Love it. :)

Varsha said...

Love received is the biggest attraction ever, God or not, you are always in dilemma about it! Shri Krishna too felt it... which is why no luxury appeased his fluttering heart!