July 04, 2008

Jane Tu... Ya Jane Na

We have been friends for a long long time now. Actually we were almost enemies before. So we matured with age, realized we can tolerate each other and do so even to this date. So when Jane Tu... Ya Jane Na was creating a hype all around, I knew I had to watch it and not many would be crazy enough to go with me and watch it on the first day. But C would - just like we had stepped into PVR Europa one fine day in Bangalore because no one else wanted to watch Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi and it was the most expensive tickets we had bought till then. Times change.

So like most other times, C made the plans I was supposed to make, made me buy tickets and then sold one of them off to someone when one of her acquaintances did not show up. (I saw the movie sitting beside that unknown guy who bought the ticket by the way.)

About the movie, it's an absolutely brilliant movie. You'll relive your college life just by sitting through the scenes. You'll remember the friends you went to college with, you'll remember the crushes you had and couldn't ever say to them how you felt. You'll feel young again.

The movie is fast, at times predictable, the characters are the ones you will remember from the times you were just touching your twenties (but not stereotypes) but more than anything else it's about a group of friends, which might have been your group when you were in college and about Jai and Aditi.

The support cast is mind blowing. I want to watch it again just for Naseeruddin Shah. I want to watch it for its songs. I want to watch it for Meghna (Sorry, no spoilers for you.) I want to watch it for the Rathods.

I know I am biased. I know the movie made me remember BITS again and again and again. But I also know, I'll watch this movie many times over, not because it's a nice feel good love story with a happy ending, or because I like the Lead Actress but only because it makes me remember my life and times at my college.

PS: If he can remain who he is and not become his uncle's shadow then I can safely say that "Bollywood, beware. The Next Khan is here."

(Thanks C - This post's for you)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

is aamir khan in the movie too?? have you seen bommarilu? you ll like genelia even better then :P
and thsi is how tight july can get?? 1st day n show :)

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘A Canvas Full of Dreams’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who kn:)ws..

Cheers,

Anonymous said...

genelia repeats her magic of BOMMARILLU.

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

@ Now 2 persons recommend Bommarillu. I gotta see it then :)

Anonymous said...

madban...

did you watch bommarillu atlast? its a good movie. whenever i wanted, i'll watch it again and again..its in ma laptop permanently :)